MEKISHA BROWN fashionbyafro@hotmail.com

Monday 2 April 2018

DEEP BLUE

DEEP BLUE



Hey Beauties,

I know... this look/blog is so overdue but as promised on my  IG @FASHIONBYAFRO I've hooked you up with 2 cute co-ord looks (MARIGOLD) and must have picks!(please check out my fave two pieces later on in the post).


This blog post was originally meant to be a birthday vibe lol (10 years later) but I've been so busy, applying myself - prepping for castings/auditions,work,overtime,studying,birthday celebrations and then I overworked myself so much I ended up getting ill!

I'm so glad I've been so focused and productive lately and I feel like my confidence and energy comes across in this look.

At the beginning of March I was a moody, emotional wreck (birthday blues) and then I started reflecting on my life, how far I've come and throwing myself into every opportunity that came my way.

It's so easy to think about the targets you've not met yet or the goals you've not achieved but great things take time. 

From 17-23 I spent years being mute on purpose,avoiding  every situation that involved me talking,frustrated when I couldn't speak in castings,embarrassed and upset when people laughed at me when I  stammered but I've become such a better,stronger person accepting it and because of it.


I think we should all strive to be a better version of ourselves and not for perfection.

After not getting through last year I'm please to say that I'll be competing in the TRIFORCE MANCHESTER MONOLOGUE SLAM * inserts Aaliyah belly roll
As I said before great things take time,we'll either be met by rejection or success but either way we've just got to keep pushing and stay focused.

I've learnt to love myself over the past couple of years not just
physically and psychologically ( stretch marks ,cellulite and my speech) but taking time out for myself, not stretching myself too thin,saying no and not beating myself up when I can't do something or help someone out. It's a lovely quality being helpful and reliable but in the past I made the mistake of putting everyone before myself and I stunted my growth. It's okay to be a bit selfish.

  
I pray that my 26th chapter and the rest of your 2018 is full of light and opportunities ,don't sleep on yourself, remember that any negative situation you're in is TEMPORARY,you're capable of anything. Put your mind to it and keep your mind-set and surroundings positive- your tribe affects your vibe, be wise about the company you keep. 

THE LOOK


















This is my favourite outfit and shoot with  ANNE-MARIE!
I've been longing to shoot this bad blue combo for ages ( I put a bit of weight on lol and the waist is tiny as f).

I'm so glad it fits like a glove and flexed the suit with my 'Flexin' work out crop ;) and one of my fave FATZ K Neck Pieces the AELLA CRUCIFIX  COLLAR 

As promised I've linked to 26 KILLER CO ORDS! I fell in love with all these vintage suits and had a broken heart when I went onto ZARA ( I literally want everything!!!).



    

Size S BLUE MOD SUIT £27.95




STATEMENT EMBROIDED JACKET £33.10 


SIZE  12 CULOTTES £28
ETSY



DENIM CHECK PRINT BLAZER £15.00 


ETSY

SIZE S CULOTTE PANTS £36.04


















SIZE L FLORAL SUIT £48.55





UK M FLORAL SUIT £58.95 




SIZE S DENIM SUIT £35.31
ETSY




SIZE S CHECK SUIT £69.99


ETSY


SIZE S-M BLUE SUIT £38.54
GREEN SILK SUIT UK 12-14 £28

BOLD BAROQUE SUIT UK 8 £75
ETSY


RED HOUNDS TOOTH SUIT SIZE S £63.99
ETSY


FLORAL SUIT UK S -M £25.00 
ETSY



GREY SUIT UK 10/12 £40
ETSY
 
ZARA  


ZARA




ZARA




ZARA



ZARA


ZARA


ZARA



ZARA

ZARA
ZARA -


ZARA


URBAN OUTFITTERS



URBAN OUTFITTERS
SKIRT


Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you treat yourself to the fresh garms above ;).


PEACE ,LOVE AND POSITVITY 
MEKISHA

FASHION BY A FRO

XXXXXX





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig